Vision, Mission and Objectives
Development of indigenous capabilities to attain technological competence and self-reliance in the Hydrocarbon Sector.
Centre for High Technology (CHT) will act as the dedicated technology cell of the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas for the Hydrocarbon Sector committed to:
- Provide technical support and guidance for excellence in refining, fuel quality and environment protection.
- Benchmark Refinery and Pipelines operations.
- Promote continual improvement in performance, process & energy efficiency and value addition for sustainable refining operations.
- Promote R&D and innovation in downstream hydrocarbon sector including bio-fuels.
- Promote policy framework, methods, systems and process for updation of technology and competency development for the benefit of the industry.
- To provide this policy to all interested parties on their request and compliance of applicable requirement.
The major objectives of CHT are as under:
- Refinery Performance Evaluation and Improvement.
- Energy Efficiency Improvement.
- Centralised Technical Assistance to oil industry for accessing international standards and best practices, troubleshooting and process solutions.
- Providing professional guidance and services to refineries/pipelines in the following critical areas :
- Process Technology
- Product Quality
- Benchmarking and Performance Excellence
- Environmental Management
- Information and Knowledge Dissemination through Activity Committee Meetings, Refinery Technology Meets, Workshops etc.
- Assisting MoP&NG in formulating Auto Fuel Policy and its implementation.
- Co-ordinating activities of “Scientific Advisory Committee on Hydrocarbons” of MOP&NG and promoting indigenous technologies through sponsoring R&D projects and their commercialisation.
- Technical Support to MoP&NG.
- Assistance to MoP&NG with regard to Inter-Ministerial issues, Long Term Plans etc.